Thursday, February 18, 2010

Assignment #3 High key/ Low key



Ice Dispenser
Low key. This was really hard to do. I've decided that high key is way easier and I did a better job of shooting high key. The hardest thing with this particular low key picture was knowing how much of the lighter stuff I want to show up. This picture has a bunch of different shades of white and black. This made it difficult to really make it black but still have everything show up.



Spoon
This is my picture of a spoon in milk in a bowl on a paper towel. These are common white man tools. Although these tools seem simple I'm sure they would have made the life of the Homo Erectus much simpler and more comfortable. This picture turned out well and it fits the assignment perfectly. The Whites are very distinct and blend together but still have sharp edges. I'm referring to where milk meets bowl, milk meets spoon et cetera.




This is just another attempt at Low Key. this is my brothers oboe i think it could be better if the keys were a little more highlighted but it was a quick edit so i might go back and fix it later.

3 comments: